Pesticides: Are we Poisoning our Children?
Does the food you are feeding your family contain pesticide residues? For most, the answer would be “I don’t know.” But, the scary fact of the matter is that if you are not eating USDA Certified Organic foods, chances are you are ingesting these chemicals.
Your children are especially sensitive to the health risks posed by pesticides, since their bodies are still developing and they cannot process and rid their bodies of toxins as easily as adults. Pesticides can block nutrient absorption and harm a child’s entire biological system. The threat is real and on your dinner plate.
“The Organic Trade Association reports that children by the age of 5 have ingested up to 35 percent of their lifetime of carcinogenic pesticides.” This statement is shocking and unacceptable. Studies after studies have been conducted on the detriments which insecticides and chemical fertilizers have on the food they are treated with. This early exposure to these toxins in children gives cancers and other diseases time to develop. This is, of course, a very scary thought.
Did you also know: The Environmental Protection Agency (EP) considers 60% of all herbicides, 90% of all fungicides and 30% of all insecticides as potentially cancer- causing.
So why not just outlaw the use of these harmful chemicals? The problem is, many of the pesticides used today were approved and registered by the EPA long before they were linked to diseases.
The potential danger of chemicals and toxins in the food you eat is clear. But what can you do to protect your children and yourself? The best thing you can do, to avoid pesticide and other chemical exposure in the foods you eat, is to buy organic food. Those who eat organic food reduce their exposure to toxins dramatically. Learn why more parents are choosing organic products for their baby.